Monday, December 10, 2012

Angel's Gate Review

Title: Angels Gate
Author: Andrew J. Rafkin
Genre: Crime Fiction
Pages: 336










The Blurb: THE LARGEST HEIST IN HISTORY~NEVER TOLD! In 1983 the rapidly growing city of LA and beachfront communities were active in the illicit drug trade, successfully operating through Angels Gate Lighthouse, and LAX, the gate to the City of Angels. This true story is a recounting of the largest monetary heist in history, carried out by four local surfers, and August Taracina, a successful marijuana smuggler. The heist proceeds with only minor hitches...until the bags of loot are opened. Much to the thieves' chagrin, there is no cash, no gold~5nothing but financial instruments that cannot be cashed. While still in command of one of the largest marijuana smuggling operation on the west coast, August begins a whirlwind, worldwide tour with his connections to organized crime, the Medellin Cartel, and international bankers, as he attempts to fence the items. Other gangs, along with their treachery and murder pursue him, as well as FBI agent Nick Cutler and his team, the Treasury Department, and Interpol. During this maelstorm, August devises an incredible plan to satisfy everyone's interest and fulfill their dreams. Now, all he has to do is make it happen.


My  Review: If any one would have told me when I started reading Angels Gate that I would end up  rooting for the "bad guys" in this story I would have laughed. That is exactly what I did, I found myself wanting them to get away with it. I thought Angels Gate was an amazing book. I felt like I was right in the middle of all the action. My eyes hung on every word from page to page. This book was fast paced action packed goodness! I honestly was surprised by how much I truly enjoyed reading it. Angels Gate is one book that I am truly glad to have added to my library.
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment