Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chasing Amanda Review

Title: Chasing Amanda
Author: Melissa Foster
Genre: Mystery, Suspense
Pages: 409







Blurb:
Nine years ago, Molly Tanner witnessed a young girl's abduction in the busy city of Philadelphia, shifting her occasional clairvoyance into overdrive. Two days later, the girl's body was found, and Molly's life fell apart. Consumed by guilt for not acting upon her visions, and on the brink of losing her family, Molly escaped the torturous reminders in the city, fleeing to the safety of the close-knit rural community of Boyds, Maryland. 

Molly's life is back on track, her son has begun college, and she and her husband have finally rekindled their relationship. Their fresh start is shattered when a seven-year-old girl disappears from a local park near Molly's home. Unable to turn her back on another child and troubled by memories of the past, Molly sets out to find her, jeopardizing the marriage she'd fought so hard to hold together. While unearthing clues and struggling to decipher her visions, Molly discovers another side of Boyds, where the residents--and the land itself--hold potentially lethal secrets, and exposes another side of her husband, one that threatens to tear them apart.

My Review: Chasing Amanda pulled me in from the very first paragraph and kept a hold until the very last. As the story unfolded and introduced me to the characters I found myself relating to them all and the emotions that they all stirred in each other.Melissa Foster does an excellent job of making sure you are kept on the edge of  your seat.
This story takes you through the abduction of a seven year old girl but, from the very beginning you realize there is so much more to discover here besides who the guilty party is. As you twist and turn maneuvering your way page by page another secret is revealed.
I was completely into this story! Chasing Amanda is everything I have ever looked for in a mystery it left me regretting putting it down so I could sleep at night. I am looking forward to reading more books by Melissa Foster as I believe I may have found me another favorite Author!
5/5

4 comments:

  1. What a joy it was to find this review, Tammy! Thank you! I'm so glad you loved the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds pretty gripping. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa (Books an Things),
    Hope you like the book! I totally did obviously.
    Have fun reading it.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy

    Glad you enjoyed the book, I've heard of this book on other book blogs, but as you know I don't read this genre. ; ) Congrats on starting your new blog, have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete