Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kingdom of The Snark Quest for the Sword Review

Title: Kingdom of the Snark the Quest for the Sword
Author: Melanie Hatfield
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 267










The Blurb: Renee the Righteous is a young Quester who must find the long-lost Sword of Power to save her people. When at last she thinks her quest for the sword is at an end, she discovers a catch: it takes two people to claim the blade, not one, so she needs a Questing Partner for help. Too bad Renee never bothered to make any friends on her journey, and she has to put her trust in a stranger. She thinks she has found the perfect Questing Partner in Guy Smokes, a hapless Assistant Barkeep always willing to help anyone with heaving bosoms. However, Guy might just change his mind after they are attacked by lustful nun assassins and lethal men in green cloaks. Will Renee be able to claim the Sword of Power, or will she and her Questing Partner be slain instead?

Journey to a land where men are women, women are men and unicorns are jerks in "Kingdom of the Snark: The Quest for the Sword."

My Review: As I started out on the journey to read this story it struck me that I had no idea what a snark was I had to know if I was to fully understand the story, right? Well not exactly as I started reading into the prologue it suddenly hit me I had known what a snark was just not in the context I had perceived it to be in the title. I did eventually discover the true snark and went about finishing the story. Kingdom of the Snark is an interesting story that left me chuckling from time to time. I even found it to be quite insightful to matters of the heart and true friendship.  The main character Renee has a lot to learn as her name is truly right for her Renee the Righteous. She at time left me so mad I could punch her in the face and other times I was cheering her on. Renee is the character that I couldn't love nor hate. As other characters were brought in I learned that there was a heart in Renee if only she was not so sure everyone was out to do her wrong. Guy was the character I had the most heart for as he went along with everything sometimes with out question as he was a true friend indeed. There are many battles to fight and hills to climb before you reach the ending to this book none of which left me bored or unable to finish reading. I will say that the end left me a little perplexed and wanting more but that is for you to wonder about as you take your own journey through the Kingdom of the Snark!
4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment