Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kinetic The First Alliance Review

Title: Kinetic The First Alliance
Author: Herro Raymond & Laz Matech
Genre: Sci-fi/Fanasy
Pages: 386









The Blurb: Alex Carter is just a normal kid stumbling through adolescence and trying to find his way in life—but all of that is about to change. He receives an uninvited visit in his bedroom one night by Shyra, an alien being from a distant planet; she tells him she has come to prepare his race for a fight. His planet is being threatened by Zenakuu, a world known for invading other planets to mine resources, and Shyra believes Alex has the ability to save it.
Shyra’s world, Kalryn, has already had to fight off a Zenakuu invasion, and its inhabitants have come to Earth to train promising kinetics to help protect the entire galaxy. Shyra takes Alex on her ship to the mountains, where he immediately begins training to become one of a handful of superheroes who must use their powers to battle aliens intent on winning a brutal intergalactic war. The survival of humanity lies in the hands of a teenager who is sure of only one thing—that he is not sure about anything.
In the first installment in this exciting series, a teenager torn away from his family and everything he has ever known is about to discover how hard it is to be a hero."

My Review: I was amazed by how well I took to this story. This not usually the first genre I pick to read but, I could not put this book down. It is a well thought out story with just enough believability intact. Kinetic is one heck of a story that had me wrenching in my seat as each scene unfolded. I could form the picturesque landscape that was laid out in my mind and every character in the story had so much emotion that it was hard not to like them all. Even the bad guys.This is a very action packed sci-fi read. The battle scenes were even very realistic and held my attention from punch to gun fire. Is Alex the hero that this planet has been in need of? Does he become the hero he is destined to become? I would highly recommend this book to anyone whether you like this genre or not give it a try you maybe surprised just as I was. I am hooked on this series and am anxiously awaiting the second book in the series. I have to know what happens.
5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment