Friday, July 5, 2013

Perverse Review

Title: Perverse
Author: Larry Rodness
Genre: YA/Paranormal
Pages: 193










The Blurb: 19 year old Emylene Stipe is about to learn that the dark forces of her Goth world are all too real and they are coming for her.

My Review: When I was asked by Mr. Rodness to do a review I was intrigued by the blurb. No blurb of so few words had ever grabbed my attention and had drew me into a book. I had to know how this story played out so I agreed to the review. I can tell you I did not in any way regret that decision. Perverse is not exactly the story I thought I would read. Throw away any preconceived  ideas about vampires sparkly or otherwise because they do not exist in this book. There is no room for fairy tales and the happily ever-afters that some maybe after as that is not Emylene's story. Emylene is one tough cookie! I loved how attached I became to her and how her battles seemed to become my own. I completely ate up this story I have read some really great books about vampires but none that had me wanting to steak them through the heart as this one did.  Perverse is an awesome book it is written with such vivid detail that I easily watched this story play out in front of me as I read along. No cliffhanger ending but a complete and unexpected one. I would welcome more stories like this one from Mr. Rodness anytime!
5/5

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect!

    ReplyDelete