Author: L.P. Dover
Genre: Fantasy/New Adult
The Blurb: The smell of rain vastly approaches as we are lying on the ground in a sea of flowers. They surround our bodies while the fresh Spring wind caresses our skin with its soft, gentle touch. Combined as one, we stare into each other’s eyes as we bask in the pleasure of our love and OUR land.
The Land of the Fae has flourished bringing a new beginning and a new court, the Fall Court. Five years have passed since then along with the dreaded day that Meliantha, Summer Court Princess and one of the powerful Four, was betrayed and broken-hearted by the sexy and alluring Winter Prince, Kalen. Spurned by the man she loves, Meliantha has turned and fallen into the arms of the fierce and handsome warrior, Finn, who understands she can never love him, but wants more than anything to mend her broken heart.
The Winter Solstice Ball is approaching, meaning Meliantha will have to face the Winter Prince and make it out of there with her heart intact. But what does she do when Prince Kalen acts as if nothing ever happened and seems more in love with her than ever before?
The dark sorcerer has planned his twisted game of lies and deceit well, and has enjoyed making himself a player without anyone’s knowledge. The game is almost over and the players are exactly where they are needed to be. Will Meliantha figure out his twisted game and save all the players? Or will the dark sorcerer once again obtain the power of the Four and take everything away from her…even her one true love?
My Review: L.P. Dover does it again! I am in love with this series! Betrayals of Spring picks right up where Forever Fae leaves off and never misses a beat. I was completely thrilled with this book. Reading the next in this series just sparked my interest that much more.
Meliantha is an awesome fae princess that knows how to kick some butt! When she collides with the handsome and sexy Kalen their world spins into a wonderful world of Fae! Their world becomes a spiraling fall into dark an terrifying game brought on by the dark sorcerer as he throws obstacles in their path to keep Meliantha and Kalen apart. Does their love survive? Will they finally be together? I will never tell I do however, recommend that you go pick up this series and find out for yourself. I promise you won't regret it!
I am an avid reader that loves my collection of books. Writing has always been a passion of mine and now I am glad that I get to share my passion with the world. I live in North Carolina and I absolutely love being a southern girl. I spent several years in college starting out with a major in Psychology and then switching to dental. I worked in the dental field for eight years and then decided to stay home with my two beautiful girls. I spent the beginning of my reading years reading suspense thrillers, but now I can't get away from the paranormal/fantasy books. I knew ever since then that if I wrote anything it would be in a paranormal aspect. Now that I have started on my passion and began writing, you will not see me go anywhere without a notebook and pen.
Interview With L.P. Dover:
1. What made you decide to write in this genre? I’ve always loved fantasy and paranormal books. Faeries have always fascinated me so what better way to show my fascination than to write about them. It gave me a chance to build a new world and imagine anything I wanted.
2. Who or what made you decide to write? I’ve contemplated writing a book for the last two years, and it took a push from one of my author friends to really see that I could do it. Lucy Swing was the one that gave me the final nudge. I love her books and we’ve grown to be really good friends over the past year. She’s an amazing author and friend.
3. Who or what did you want to be when you were younger? When I was really young I wanted to be a hair dresser. I was fascinated with wanting to cut hair, but then as I grew older I wanted to study the stars and work for NASA. Space Camp was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I always dreamed I would do what they did. Even now I’m still fascinated with the stars and my telescope.
4. What was your favorite book when you were younger and why? Honestly, I don’t think I had a favorite book when I was younger. I do remember liking Anne of Green Gables because I also liked the movie as well.
5. What is your favorite color? Oh wow, that’s a hard one. I could never decide on one color when I was younger so I would always wear multiple colors. I was called “Skittles” in school. I couldn’t pick one color for my bridesmaids dresses either. Each girl had the same style dress, but each one was a different color. The ladies at the dress shop thought I was crazy. I might have to say green though. Not the dark putrid green, but the bright neon green. It looks great in the summer time.
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Hmmm….I’m going to be simple on this one and say vanilla.
7. Where did you grow up? Born and bred in North Carolina.
8. Are you a "chocoholic"? Umm…..yeah!!! Chocolate is my lifeline!!! It gets me through the toughest times. J
9. Soda (pop) or sweet tea? I’m a southern girl…SWEET TEA!!
10. What is your favorite music? I listen to a variety of music and love it all, but what really relaxes me is classical music. I can remember turning the station to classical music every morning when my mom would take me to school. I bet she thought I was a complete nut. I need to ask her about it…lol.