Friday, November 15, 2013

Betraying Innocence Review

Title: Betraying Innocence
Author: Airicka Phoenix
Genre: Paranormal/ Romance
Pages: 432










The Blurb: (Contains language and sexual content. 17+) 

October 31, 1983, seventeen year old Johnny Baits vanishes without a trace, leaving the slumbering town of Chipawaha Creek, British Columbia reeling with his mysterious disappearance. Twenty-nine years later, The French family moves into his home, never realizing they're not alone in the house. 

For seventeen year old Roseanna French moving to a strange new town is a problem she can handle. But even she's not prepared for the evil that has been sitting dormant for years... waiting. When seemingly harmless noises and creeping shadows at night leads to the murder of the people closest to her, Ana has to find a way to stop the evil before it can consume her completely and she can no longer wash the blood from her hands. 

Rafael Ramirez is battling his own demons. Unlike Ana's, his has been haunting him for years. But running isn't an option. He has a mother, a brother and a sister looking to him to keep them safe. He doesn't have time for pretty girls with issues, even if the sight of her makes him hope for things a guy like him doesn't deserve. But when Ana asks Rafe for help, what can he do except give it? But what happens when the evil comes after his family? Can they stop it before it's too late or will it claim them the way it had claimed Johnny?

MY Review: Airicka Phoenix never stops to amaze me with every book she writes I become entranced, pulled in and never wanting to leave the book alone and trust me Betraying Innocence is no different. I became so vested in this story I lost track of time and what day it was I didn't care my only thought was dang here I go again. The scenes in this book play out so well that you really feel like you are there right in the middle of it all as it swirls all around your head as you try to put the pieces of it all together. I didn't sleep I stayed up all night because I had to know what happened, how it happened, and who did it! Not to mention the yummy bad boy Rafe wow that character was smoking! Then there is Ana and she is the complete opposite of Rafe. They get together and sparks fly. As they try to uncover an almost 30 yr mystery that digs up some ghosts that may have been better off left buried. I could go on and on about Betraying Innocence and I really want to however, I can't spoil the story for all you others out there. If you want to uncover some ghosts and meet a true bad boy then go grab a copy of Betraying Innocence and let the paranormal of Airicka Phoenix pull you in! 
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment