Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Megan's Way review

Title: Megan's Way
Author: Melissa Foster
Genre: Spiritual/Paranormal/Mystery
Pages: 303









The Blurb: What would you give up for the people you love?

When Megan Taylor, a single mother and artist, receives the shocking news that her cancer has returned, she'll be faced with the most difficult decision she's ever had to make. She'll endure an emotional journey, questioning her own moral and ethical values, and the decisions she'd made long ago. The love she has for her daughter, Olivia, and her closest friends, will be stretched and frayed.

Meanwhile, fourteen-year-old Olivia's world is falling apart right before her eyes, and there's nothing she can do about it. She finds herself acting in ways she cannot even begin to understand. When her internal struggles turn to dangerous behavior, her life will hang in the balance.

Megan's closest friends are caught in a tangled web of deceit. Each must figure out how, and if, they can expose their secrets, or forever be haunted by their pasts.

My Review: First let me say there should be a warning on this book that says tissues will be needed! From the moment I started this story and until the very end tears flowed down my cheeks like a waterfall. Megan's Way is a powerful story of one mothers love for her child however, there are many secrets that unfold along the way that keep you invested in this story. As Megan's accepts the decision she makes about her cancer she helps bring about some "skeletons in the closet" that come to life leaving everyone to face their past or run and hide. Olivia is then left to deal with a world she was not ready for nor does she understand how it will all play out in the end. 
This story hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't see any of it coming at me as it took me through an emotional roller coaster ride. I was so moved and enthralled with Megan's Way. I have read several book that have moved me to tears but none have hit so close to my heart the way that this one did! Melissa Foster is an amazing an talented author who with her words in Megan's Way hit a hidden place in my heart. I would encourage anyone who has not read this book to go do it now as it's one story you won't soon forget. I would love to see a sequel come from this book what do you say Melissa Foster are you game?
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment